Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


It's cold here! Right now the wind is blowing mightily, the snow is being swept past my windows, and I have decided not to venture outside except for a quick pee break for Cadbury. Which reminds me, I've got to get him some snow booties. He hates getting snow on his little delicate paws! I was supposed to do my volunteer work this morning at our Stray Arts Gallery but I cancelled. I'm really nervous now about driving in this icy stuff since I had a fender bender the other day. Was only going 15 mph but the impact made a huge crack in one of my fenders. What a creepy horrible feeling it is to tap your brakes and nothing happens! But I am so glad I wasn't going downhill.

I still have to go out to work this afternoon, at Mabel's. But I wonder if the opera singers from Santa Fe who are checking in today will bother to make the trip. It's really scary driving up the Gorge (as in Rio Grande) in this kind of weather.

Mostly I feel bad for the dogs and cats who are outside in the cold all day and night. I am going to make it my main New Year's resolution to educate people ("people"?, jerks I mean) about the inhumanity and downright meanness of this. They are domesticated animals, not livestock or wild ones. Some of the "loosely-owned" dogs that roam around here don't even have dog houses to retreat to. What is wrong with their owners? I am going to get some igloos for the ones that visit me, at the least. And there is still one at Mabel's that we haven't been able to catch yet, it's been months now.

People, let your dogs and cats inside in this weather, please! They are such sweet, loving creatures, if you only would give yourself the chance to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment