Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Amazing Grace

Last night I watched a great movie called "Amazing Grace", based on a true story about William Wilberforce, an 18th century English politician who fought for the abolition of slavery. It was made in 2006. I remember hearing about it then, but never got around to watching it till now. The dvd has some good comments by the director Michael Apted and the main actor Ioan Gruffudd. And Albert Finney plays the man who wrote the song, which just happens to be one of my favorite all-time songs, well, for me and millions of others! I love the bagpipes version. And, an added bonus, Yousouf N'Dour the singer (hope I spelled that right) also plays a main role.

And what a guy Wilberforce (love that name) was. Very passionate, caring, committed, witty and an animal lover to boot! He'd bring hurt animals into his home to get mended. Maybe I'll name my next dog after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment