Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Monday, December 28, 2009

Feliz Navidad!


Ok, my Christmas greetings are 3 days late. I've been so busy. House/cat-sitting for two weeks, visiting with friends from out of town, the regular work stuff, my volunteer work at the Stray Arts Gallery, and just trying to stay warm. It's been below freezing for ages. I've got icicles on my brain! I did have a wonderful Christmas Eve though. Went to Taos Pueblo for their big bonfire night. It was so beautiful. The first fires are lit just as the sun goes down, then you stroll with friends around the grounds, hoping to recognize people in their layers of thick clothes and caps. Dashing inside when someone you know invites you in for a bowl of hot chile. Red or green? Both, Christmas! One lasting image is of the small adobe Pueblo church illuminated by the fires against an inky black sky.

Then I went to someone's home in Ranchos for yet more chile, posole and biscochitos. New Mexican holidays are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment