Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving thanks after...

I've got to admit, I would have preferred to be at my sister's dining table in California for Thanksgiving, basking in her fabulous cooking and the warmth of family and friends. Maybe next year? But a couple of friends and I did have a wonderful dinner at a fancy hotel, El Monte Sagrado, in town. The buffet was incredible, three kinds of meat, an array of roasted veggies, and loads of desserts including my favorite pumpkin pie. The service and ambiance were just right, except the piano playing could have been toned down a bit. When you get over 50 background noise really needs to be softer so you can hear each other!

The really hard part was having to go to work afterwards. Ugh. I was so stuffed and so sleepy. Thursday is usually my day off but I had offered to work half a day so the other receptionist could enjoy the holiday too. Yes, I am at least grateful I have a job, well actually three of them, all part-time (typical Taos!). But I also have every other Saturday off and there are so many wonderful things going on here in town. A big holiday arts and crafts fair to get me in the mood, then an open house at a horse sanctuary (and I am SO grateful for people who start places like that), another walk with my little doggie before it snows, then maybe a hot buttered rum at my favorite place, the Adobe Bar of the Taos Inn. They always have 3 hours of free live music there; it's always crowded and nicely decorated, the vortex of my entertainment world. I'm burning daylight, got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment