Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cats to Colorado


It's been raining cats and dogs these days. I volunteer for our local animal shelter, Stray Hearts, and drove a van load full of howling cats (in cages) up to Castle Rock just south of Denver. Had Cadbury along for company. I thought he'd be excited with all those crazy cats but I think all that feline energy was too much for him. He hardly turned around to look at them! We had a surplus of kitties at our shelter, so the Buddy Center kindly agreed to take them since they have more of a population base for adoptions up there. And what a beautiful state-of-the art shelter they have. One big gray cat got out of his cage, after much muscular banging and meowing, but he proved to be very friendly, even with Cad, so I left him out till we got there. I feel so good for these cats, they'll have a better chance there, but I was exhausted by the time I got back to Taos that night. Nine hours of being in a noisy old van, and the drive back, after getting thru rush hour in Colorado Springs, all in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment