Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Friday, October 2, 2009

Tome on the Range

I forgot to mention the coolest store in Las Vegas, NM, "Tome on the Range". Isn't that a great name for a book store? They had good stuff plus a nicely organized used book section. I remembered it cause I had my tiny (just 3 of us) book club over last night. We discussed Sandra Cisneros' "Woman Hollering Creek" and the NM Women Authors Fest that we'd attended in Santa Fe. Books on the brain for sure. And we got a reply back from Greg Mortensen's group CAI. He's the guy who wrote the hugely popular "Three Cups of Tea" about building schools, especially for girls, in Afghanistan and Pakistan. We had sent them a small donation. I hear he will be talking in Santa Fe in December, got to go to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment