Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Meanwhile, back in Taos

Well, a month's gone by and no postings from me.  It's Spring and new beginnings so I will try to post once a week at least.  Good discipline!  I bought one of Natalie Goldberg's books on writing and am having fun with it.  She gives you an idea and you run with it.  This is writing that no one needs to see so mostly it's "first thoughts", whatever comes into your brain at the moment.  She tries to get you to stop thinking and just write.  Just like Michelle Cassou does with painting.  I am back at my job at Mabel's and Ms. Cassou is giving a painting workshop there.  She wants to return the joy of painting to Everyone.  I went out and bought some acrylics and will give it a go.  The people who are taking the workshop sure seem happy.

And I'm finally getting up into the hills with Cadbury.  It sure is wonderful to have him back with me, that little cute brown pooch.  We are trying to make it a bit farther up the trail each time, till I can get my hiking lungs back.  And I'm back at Curves, got 10 pounds to lose.  Of course, yesterday I went to The Bean and ate an almond croissant, sigh, story of my life.  

The "Summer of Love" has started aqui in Taos.  A celebration of the hippie days here in town, and all those long-haired types who now have successful businesses in town.  Dennis Hopper of "Easy Rider" fame is in town to promote his new paintings.  He actually wrote some of the script for that film at Mabel's, which he also owned at the time.  There will be all kinds of arty and fun events throughout the summer, including a "Hippy Dippy" parade.  Should be interesting, that is, if I can sneak out of work and watch it!  Good thing I kept my peace sign medallion, the ceramic one that Dad made for me.  I actually couldn't stand the hippie scene, the communes, the drugs, the not washing, the panhandling, that smelly patchouli incense, argh.  Guess I was more into the "British Invasion", the Beatles, Stones, the music and the clothes.  So now you know, I was a teenager in the Sixties, too groovy.


No comments:

Post a Comment