Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer of Love

Memorial Day Weekend in Taos, and the Summer of Love marketing ploy is going strong.  I am already a little tired of all the hippie trippie stuff, but I put on my peace sign necklace and cruised the art galleries and craft fairs.  I'd given away my 60's clothes ages ago, can't fit into those bellbottoms any more, but hey, I looked at my clothes I wear now and my long hair and I fit right in.  Just no tye-dye please!  Or patchouli incense, ugh.  Taos is celebrating the colorful legacy of all the hippie types who lived here in the 60's, all those communes and free spirits, and the fertile ground that let so many ideas flourish.  I saw Lisa Law's show of photos taken during that time, then went in to see a movie called "Absurdistan" which was great.  All about the power of women!  Very funny movie, I'd recommend it.  A bleak dry village that desperately needs water but the menfolk are too lazy to work for it, all except one who wants to win his true love before the special star alignment ends.  Peace, brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment