Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody, 2009, wow! I had a quiet one. Worked at Mabel's until 9pm, then picked up my date Cadbury and headed on over to Zeus's house, where I was sitting. I did make myself stay up till midnight and remarkably didn't hear any gunshots, just fireworks. Kissed the dogs and went to bed. The next day my friend Marilyn called and invited me over to lunch at another friend's house. Which was great because when she called I was just getting into my car and wondering what I'd do for lunch, didn't feel like cooking. Had a delicious meal there, but spent the rest of the day in bed cause I felt like I was coming down with something. Ugh. Got a lot of sleep and today (the 2nd) I feel fine. The sky is clear and sunny but they predict some more snow this weekend. So I did go and buy a bag of the cheapest cat litter to carry in my car. I actually saved a damsel in distress the other night. I was just arriving at Zeus's house when I saw a truck slide into a bit of a ditch, then couldn't get out. It was a young woman who said she even had 4-wheel drive but couldn't get out. I remembered that thing about gravel or even cat litter helping so I grabbed a bag of it and voila! she got out in seconds. We shouted out "girls rule" and she drove on all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment