Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Friday, January 16, 2009

Dances, Dogs and Drudgery

Oh, what's new? I started a Scottish Country Dance class, very fun, and the teacher is from my home town of Pasadena, California, AND he wore a kilt, a true Scot I'm sure. And tomorrow evening I will go to a contra dance at the San Geronimo Lodge. Great exercise and the dancers are all fun people. Mostly these past few days I've been working at Mabels, going to Curves, and taking care of annoying loose ends. Like the stupid phone company who cut off my service cause I hadn't paid the bill they hadn't sent, no warning, and the DMV who says the info I input to change my address and registration doesn't match what they have on file for me, so now I have to call them (and I HATE voice mail, give me a live person please!). All those things you have to deal with when you move. If only they would go smoothly. Last but not least, I borrowed a dog from the local shelter and sat outside an area business in the hopes that he would get adopted. This I did with another volunteer who works every day to help these homeless dogs. We had no luck that day, not even a penny dropped into our donation jar. I will have to do a spot about our local shelter, Stray Hearts. Sometimes it is too depressing to think about all these unwanted animals but they need our help, so I will continue to walk dogs there, help with adoptions, and repeat my mantra: "Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die." Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the very kind comment about my poems! Your blog look interesting; I'll visit again.

    ReplyDelete