Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Aqui in Taos

I am totally enjoying the snow and winter landscapes aqui in Taos! It has snowed off and on now for about three days. Got to admit that I did get stuck in the stuff once, and that was just getting out of my own driveway. A gutsy neighbor actually pushed me out of a rut. Driving wasn't too bad, but then I never went over 25 miles an hour. Maybe it's time to buy those snow tires. Everything seems so still and beautiful when covered by snow. I was thinking of getting out my cross country skiis but the wind was too chilly. Brrrrr. I'll go eat some chile instead. Red or green??
I've mostly been staying home when I haven't had to work, no pet sits this week, but I did go to a great party for a friend's dad-he turned 75. Lots of people there, I think they were all related! And the food!! Big pots of steaming chile, posole, beans. Those Spanish girls really know how to cook. And the homemade yeast rolls reminded me of my Polish grandma's bread. I felt lucky to be a part of that big family celebration, and hear them all sing songs to him in Spanish. Bueno!!
Now I might venture outside. Check my mail at the PO, then maybe find a Christmas tree lot. I'm planning a little party for Sunday evening and I need to get on to the decorating, not to mention the cooking. Lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment