Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)

Rarin' To Go (on a roadtrip!)
sign at the gas pump museum

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sugar Nymphs

Had a great lunch at the Sugar Nymphs Bistro in Penasco, here in the northern New Mexico mountains. Cozy and colorful cafe. Great service. I wasn't going to have dessert since I know I will be eating pumpkin pie tomorrow, but all the reviews raved about the pies, sooooo I had a piece of the chocolate pecan died and gone to heaven pie. Of course then I had to take the dogs on another short hike up to the ridge to kill a few calories.
Also went in search of a grocery store, not too many in this neck of the woods. Found one in Truchas, but they didn't have milk, how weird is that? Maybe I should have looked for a cow, gone right to the source.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish I could be in Nevada City at my sister and brother-in-law's, or back in Dixon, CA at Patty's fabulous feast, but at least I hope to make it home in time for dinner out with a neighbor, and ahead of the snow forecast. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment